You have already come to know and trust TBTW for your adult / geriatric needs, but did you know we treat Pediatric patients as well? TBTW has a progressive and compassionate approach to physical therapy. At TBTW, Children can begin treatment as early as birth and can be followed throughout adulthood. Our therapists assess children to ensure they are developing the needed skills at the proper times. We help children of all ages and disabilities normalize muscle tone, improve posture, break compensatory patterns, improve transfers or movements, increase balance and allow them to reach their maximum potential. Treatments are individualized for each child’s specific needs.
Our therapists are certified in:
- Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT),
- Neuro-Anatomy of Developmental Pathologies
- Pediatric Treatment of Children and Babies
Physical therapy at an early age can help decrease disabilities and allow the child to function at a higher level throughout the rest of their life. In some cases early intervention can return posture and muscle imbalances to normal levels.
Patient/ Caregiver Education
TBTW believes education is a very important aspect of the child’s rehabilitation process. Parents and all caregivers are educated in ways they can progress the child at home to achieve maximum gains. Assistive devices, adaptive equipment and bracing needs will be assessed to decrease unnecessary strains on both the patient and caregivers.
Often times, children with developmental delays do not receive an adequate amount physical therapy through government funded agencies (for instance: CDSA and school based therapy). Due to decreased funding and availability of pediatric therapists these children often times “fall through the cracks”. Due to the high demand of services it often takes 8-12 weeks for children to begin therapy. School based therapy is only indicated when “educationally relevant” and therefore a large number of children do not qualify for direct school services, despite Doctor orders.
Those same children would likely qualify for outpatient PT to address delayed gross motor skills (jumping, hopping, poor coordination), handwriting, sensory integration and other issues not directly affecting their school performance
At TBTW we have a team committed to providing quality outpatient physical therapy services. Benefits of Outpatient Therapy at TBTW:
- Flexible scheduling including after school/work hours
- Appropriate and adequate frequency of therapy
- Free child care for other children so parents can be involved and empowered to aid in their children’s development.
- Accept all major insurances including Tricare & Medicare
- Age appropriate activities from birth through adulthood
- One on one specialized care in an enclosed pediatric treatment room
- Sensory and vestibular activities (swings, ball pit, multitude of textures, etc.)
- Specialized equipment for gait training, vestibular, and sensory integration therapy including but not limited to swings, ball pit, ramps, rocker boards and other fun toys to stimulate your child.
The Pediatric Specialists at Total Body Therapy & Wellness would be happy to evaluate and provide treatment for your pediatric patient. Please Contact Us Today at Lillington, NC Center to set up an appointment.
TBTW Treats many Pediatric issues including:
- Developmental Delays
- Low Muscle Tone
- Motor Delays/ Disorders
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Brachial Plexus Injury
- Genetic Syndromes
- Athletic/ Recreation Injuries
- Hand/ Finger Dysfunction
- Balance Issues
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spina Bifida
- Sensory Integration Disorders
- Down Syndrome
- Cardio/Pulmonary Problems
- Vestibular Disorders
- And more!
Physical Therapy Services offered for Pediatrics:
- Neurodevelopment Assessments and Treatment
- Sensory Integration Assessment and Treatment
- Scoliosis Screening
- Postural Training
- Normalization of Tone
- Contracture Management
- Brace Assessment and Fitting
- Wheelchair Assessments
- Assistive Device Assessment/ Training
- Adaptive Equipment Assessments
- Pre/ Post Orthopaedic and Surgical Care
- Post Trauma Rehabilitation
- Sport and Recreational Rehabilitation
- Functional Electrical Stimulation
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Therapeutic Massage
- Parent/ Caregiver Education
- Home Exercise Programs